Friday, November 22, 2013
Week 12!
The first application that I wanted to talk about is the Google docunments app. Google just started as a search engine but now provides just about everything you can think of from shoping to webpage building. The reason that I find it so helpful is that it is compatible with Microsoft office which is one of the easiest pieces of software to use since it is in almost every computer and everyone at one point or anyother has used it. The google documents allows users to use the same features without the program being Microsoft office. It only takes seconds for a user to understand how to use it and they are off and running. The best part of the google document is the fact that it is free to use. Having the ability to only need a gmail account and access all of these free material is great for someone on a budget or a student or even someone just looking for a great way to organize things.
The other one that I tinkered with was PicMonkey. I work at an electronics store and have customers that are always looking for an easy way to do editing for their photos and now I think that I have a good answer for them. It is a good program that doesn’t cost and money to use. Being able to make your photos look high-end without paying for adobe photo shop software is huge in my eyes. I was able to upload a picture and within minutes I was editing it to what I desired. I could see this being used in schools or even in a business that is trying to reduce cost but in a school it allows the school to not have to buy the rights to adobe and allows kids to be able to do this from home and then bring it back to school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment